Sunday, June 12, 2011

Working with Jesus.

There is a guy named Jesus (sounds like "Hey, Zeus!" when you exclaim his name) in my workplace who I had been forewarned about because he is ironically bad. I had been on the alert but I have come to realize for myself that he only acts sketchy around people who treat him like he's going to say something weird or innappropriate. I think how we treat others plays a very underestimated role in how they will act towards us. Many people think it's the other way around. It's not.
Today at work was so much fun!! I worked in Tortuga in the morning & then worked in the Terrace at night. 10 and 1/2 hour shift. But I officially feel like I am really appreciated and cared about by people in my workplace! I honestly have SO much fun when I work & while the job may be monotonous, the people certainly aren't. I find sincere pleasure in getting to know each person individually & finding the lovable things about them. I also mentioned to Caro when we talked on the phone that I feel like the Ultimate Secretkeeper of my workplace- everyone has told me so much about their life!! I love it. There are several attractive guys in my workplace & I had several memorable moments today that make my job so dynamic. All of the boring jobs I do always end up being fun somehow because my co-cast members say the funniest things. To protect my clothes from gross dish water, I put a trashbag over my head & punched holes for my neck and arms. Jesus helped me to make it look pretty and I got several compliments lol. Today, all of our abs were aching from laughing so hard at this ADORABLE Chinese girl who is one of my best friends there named Aries. She is so smiley and uses crazy hand gestures when she gets really excited or tries really hard to convey something but there is a language barrier. I have always heard the phrase "like my family" but I really realize what that means now because I do feel that there are so many times when I can be tired and I can just chill with a big brother figure who will tell me that I still look pretty at 1 am. I can talk forever with so many girls there about crazy dreams or the adorable things kids have said to them. Sorry so sappy, but it's the gospel truth- I love my job.
Before Tortuga opened, our manager surprised us with a trip to the Pirates League club so we all trooped over across the street and got scars painted on! Little boys were very impressed, especially when I told them it came from my swordfight with Jack Sparrow. In this picture you'll note my nametag.
This was before I accidentally left my nametag on that shirt when I turned it in so my manager picked out a random nametag at Terrace and I was "Heather" for the rest of the day. I told him that I would only respond to this name for the duration of my shift, he laughed until he realized that I was serious and he complied. His name is Victor, he's way chill & when I told him he needed a code name for his walkie talkie conversations he asked what animal he looked like. He wasn't pleased with my answer: boxer dog. But everyone agreed with me & we finally convinced him that boxers are strong dogs that are very lovable. In retaliation (he said it wasn't but we all know the real answer) he considered my face and then said I looked like a koala bear. Yeah, he's a sweetheart.
I love love love skyping Halers. Seriously, you are so fun to talk with. Good luck with finals yada yada yada and send me pictures when you wear that super cute dress, mkay?
Really awesome phone conversation with Caro today about a wide variety of things. Have a fun car ride to Provo for the next few days, darling!
Still checking up on Richmond people since the tragedy in the Gregory family. I understand Erin and I know she's going to be fine but I can't even begin to imagine how distraught her family must be. If you're reading this, know that I know you may not want to talk, but I'm here in case you decide you do. And we can talk about anything, there's a lot to talk about so just know that I'm here for you. I know it's so Mormon of me to say this but, I'm praying for you and your family. But I mean that in the most sincere way possible.
Btw, random but I honestly heard the song "Somewhere With You" like 6 times throughout the day. Crazy but that song was on my mind a lot last week. Is there a message in there somewhere??
I'm stoked to mail my funny Father's Day card which came with pre-paid postage woot woot! Everyone, remember that Father's Day is next Sunday! Love you Daddy-o & good night y'all! <3 Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment