Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Love You Mommy, So Much.

Dear Mom,
Today is for you because you do so much for our family. I couldn't ask for a better friend, listener, cheerleader, or example. You have always been a role model for me, even when I didn't realize it. I know that I can talk to you about any boy crush or problem, how my day has been going, or just to tune into what's going on back at home.
Your strength and courage with Lindsay amazes me and inspires me to have a greater appreciation for all people with disabilities or delays and this has been a tremendous blessing.
You care deeply about family (extended family also) and always make the effort to spend time with them. This creates a bond with relatives that supports me when I make decisions and lets me know that I am loved no matter what I do. Thank you for always making the effort.
 You have always had the right priorities in life and I desperately want to be like you when I'm your age: strong testimony, loving husband, good health & fitness, and be service-oriented. Oh and awesome kids. :)
 This past year at college and now here at Disney I've had to put my supposed strength and independence to the test and I don't know if I would be this strong if I didn't always have you and Dad supporting me and cheering me on at every stage in my life.
You deserve only the utmost expressions of gratitude from me and I hope that I can always live my life so that you will be proud of me! You're one of the people that keeps me from falling apart sometimes and I don't know what I would do without you.
I've gotten tears and mascara all over my sleeve as I typed this out and sobbed (quietly of course, my roomies are asleep) and I just wish I could give you a big hug right now but I can't so I'll just have to wait until you visit. I love spending time with you!!! I am a believer in yoga now. :) I'm so sorry for all of the times I've been a brat. I was being selfish but you still loved me. Thanks for getting me through those hard times & for showing me the way to be. I am so proud to be your daughter and I am so lucky to be in this family! I love you. <3 Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment