Tuesday, May 24, 2011

African Cats: A Tribute to Fearless Moms

Disneynature films are fascinating. They are inspiring & perfect. They perfectly capture the essence of their subject because the narration is only incorporated to give crucial information not provided by the visual, the story is told through video shots of the natural phenomena. <3 Films about animals that are skillfully produced always have me identify with the animals. I am motivated by their struggle to survive, I am impressed by their raw strength, I am overwhelmed with the strength of companionship.
The cubs are beyond adorable. I find role models in the cheetah Seta and the lioness Lela. They are both so protective of their young and they take on challenges that seem overwhelming for the sake of a better life for their cubs. I want to always be that fearless & selfless for my future children. I already have an amazing mother who teaches me so much about the sacrifice of being a mom. I want to be a mom for several reasons and that will never be replaced by a career. I plan on completing my education and being successful in a career but I understand what is truly important because of the examples around me. This film can be as simple or as thought-provoking as you make it (like anything) and for me, I was more captivated with each passing second.
The best movies are the most realistic ones that have multiple "genres" or tones. This film made me appreciate all the beauty and complexity in life at its most organic level. I am in awe of the beauty of wildlife and if you open your eyes to the simple details of life, you will find a lot of insight & wisdom. Seriously, this world is one big onion with lots & lots of levels. Embrace it. Press Play mucho love, Courtney Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment