Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Insomnia, It's a New Thing For Me.

So I don't believe in/think about aliens and UFOs as a significant portion of my thoughts, but it would be a plausible explanation for the craziness outside my window that woke me up around 130 this morning. Sounded like a helicopter, lots of light, stayed for about 20 seconds and then when I got up to check it out, I pulled the curtains aside and it was gone. Since I live in an upscale suburban neighborhood, I'm not sure what other possible explanations there can be.

After going to the zoo yesterday in arctic temperatures (animals we saw were cute, but many were hibernating or something) I took a 2 hour nap and it slightly messed up my sleeping pattern. I read "An Abundance of Katherines" (is that the title?) by John Green (who I freaking love as an author) until 12ish. His books honestly capture what I love about reading: unique, believable characters who have credible issues that are not easily solvable. So anywho, woke up at 1245 to take my labradoodle puppy outside to pee, possible alien contact at 130, the house "settling" was eerily loud (possible intruders), then waking up at 420 to drive my dad to the airport. I've had a rough night/early morning.

P.S. I have another blog for my upcoming church mission to Tahiti at Tahiti Papiti, feel free to check it out if you're at a loss for more internet intrigue.

So anywho, thoughts about life: the unexamined life is not worth living, happiness and MEANING are what people want from life, it's easy to make people care about you if you take a genuine interest in them, it's okay to be a hopeless romantic as long as you don't forget reality. Remember that guy who rocked my world from the airplane flight? Remember how I told you that he went to Rochester Institute of Technology? It turns out that it is pretty close to the airport so when I saw the exit for that school, I almost caused a car accident by abruptly turning off the highway. (Not really, it was only like me and two other cars on the road, but it was a pretty sharp turn all the same.) The Rochester Institute of Technology must be pretty cool in the day time, but at night it was just kind of boring and I almost got lost trying to get around campus. It's highly prestigious so I do plan on visiting again.

I'm officially going to write a few books. I plan on writing a few "religious" books where I talk about religious beliefs in a very conversational way with relevant stories and insights. Possible title: "This is Why" or "What is so Bad about Being Good?". Also, I want to write a book about social dynamics, a book called "spectrum of love" where I talk about guys in my life (different names will be used of course) and analyze what worked and what didn't. I will have to be super professional and intelligent about doing that, but I think there are a LOT of insights I could offer to people in similar circumstances. It's similar to the delightful shock we crave from Taylor Swift songs: kind of rough that we know her men's flaws, but people seriously relate and learn from her lyrics. Adele also.

I'm working at the Palmyra Temple from 830-1 and there is a possibility of collapsing from exhaustion but it has been quite an eventful night and I flipping love reading and thinking about my future books. I had a lot of insights and observations about life last night that I'm too tired to recall at this point, but will post when they resurface.

P.S. I love learning French, c'est tres amusante.
P.S.S. I have the mind of an 80-year-old woman, but I have to admit that I love getting a lot of sleep.

2 comments:

  1. No one beats John Green. NO ONE. Have you read TFIOS yet??? I can't get over it. Ever. It's been a year since it came out and I read it and I still cry thinking about it.

    Also, your blogs are my favorite and you're lovely. That is all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely in love with him as an author, too bad he's married. Hali let me borrow her book and I became OBSESSED with it. I had to buy her a new one when our puppy chewed on it, but silver lining: I have my own copy now. It's so quotable and I respect the characters! (highest praise I can afford books)

    Thank you Catherine! YOU are amazing and I would love to hear more of your music. <3

    ReplyDelete