Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Boyd K. Packer's Legacy in My Life.

I'm a proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe that regardless of what the imperfect people around me in church do, we're all trying to become better. The leaders of our church are humble servants of Jesus Christ and they seek to inspire us to live better lives that are more in harmony with His teachings. 
Recently, a dearly-loved leader, Boyd K. Packer, passed away. His words encouraged me to be more committed to my religious beliefs. I've always been touched by rhyming poetry. There are so many words to use, it's impressive when people effectively express themselves according to the rules of rhyme. Here's what he said regarding his old age and his religious convictions. 

"And now you see I’m 88.
The years have flown so fast.
I walked, I limped, I held a cane,
And now I ride at last.
I take a nap now and again,
But priesthood power remains.
For all the physical things I lack
There are great spiritual gains.
I have traveled the world a million miles
And another million too.
And with the help of satellites,
My journeys are not through.
I now can say with all certainty
That I know and love the Lord.
I can testify with them of old
As I preach His holy word.
I know what He felt in Gethsemane
Is too much to comprehend.
I know He did it all for us;
We have no greater Friend.
I know that He will come anew
With power and in glory.
I know I will see Him once again
At the end of my life’s story.
I’ll kneel before His wounded feet;
I’ll feel His Spirit glow.
My whispering, quivering voice will say,
“My Lord, my God, I know.”1

No comments:

Post a Comment