Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just Throwing This Out There: Taylor Swift

A show that is very near and dear to my heart is Les Miserables. I read the Sparknotes version of the play before seeing the Broadway show and later read the book in 9th grade. I attended the phenomena in the Queen's Theatre in London and I fell in love with this masterpiece from the first moment Jean Valjean walked on stage in seemingly pouring rain. The story by Victor Hugo illustrates the poverty and desperation of a man who has no one but himself and who eventually makes a new name for himself and brings a town out of its depression. Each character is unique and crucial to illustrating the different demographics of the French society at this period in time. That's the objective standpoint of this play. My subjective feelings towards the play cannot even be described accurately with words I currently possess.
I sobbed the entire four hours. I pretty much can only recall blurry images because I was on a crying binge. No play has struck me so forcefully before or since then.

On a seemingly unrelated note...

Taylor Swift: Sweetheart Songwriter & Singer
 LOVE her song lyrics, beautiful, so sweet and considerate of her fans, appreciative, classy. But let's be honest: she CANNOT act or dance.  Do we not remember valentine's day?? her dance with nicki minaj?? Sooo awkward, hon.


Exhibit A: Valentine's Day excerpt
Exhibit B: Taylor Swift Dancing While Nicki Minaj performs


WHY IS SHE IN LES MISERABLES?

Tay, love you but stick to your forte. I beg of you.
xoxo, a fan of your lyrics & passion... for country/pop songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment